Request / Suggestion Changing Some Rank Names

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HumanBeing101, Dec 7, 2014.

1. HumanBeing101

HumanBeing101 Athion Member Athion Member

The ranks go in order based on skill and merit

Student
    Apprentice
    Designer
    Creator
    GrandCreator

The names in themselves imply a progression in level of building expertise, creativity, and experience.

I believe we should change the rank names "Creator" and "GrandCreator" to "Master" and "Grandmaster."

Why?

I believe that everyone on Athion is a creator. We place blocks and make fantastic works of art. In essence all of us are creators, and thus I feel it is somewhat unfair to reserve the title of "creator", an ability we all share, to those that excel at building only. To demote the expertise of a true building master with a title that symbolically anyone can achieve may only add to the offense.

However, with the names "Master" and "Grandmaster" not only is the implication of their expertise in building clear, the two title names are far better suited for those that toil through weeks/months of arduous building to achieve a masterpiece. In addition to that, being a "master" at building isn't a title all of us can symbolically achieve easily. The rank of "Master" shows that we must work hard and put in a great deal of effort to make something that will truly serve as wonderful eye candy to the Athion staff. And there will be a great sense of satisfaction when you can tell everyone that you are a "Master" on a server.

Because isn't somewhat humiliating to tell your friends that you are a mere "Creator" on a building server? You actually have to explain the power and expertise of a "Creator." It's like having to explain a joke; the joke loses its humor and power, just like the title of a "Creator" lacks power in it of itself.

But if you say "I'm a Master builder on Athion," your friends will immediately understand your expertise in building. They may or may not ask you of your building endeavors, but there will already be an initial high expectation set for you, and rightfully so.

I hope you take my request into consideration.

-HumanBeing101