Share Your Workstation :d

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood Athion Member Athion Member

Gee, Syc, you are a scrub compared to me, ehehe ;) Reviews put this computer down hardcore style, but it's a good machine, even for games, but my logic files usually come to about a gig a gig and a half with more layers that I can count with fingers, and you can't successfully force the turbo boost so it gets really bogged down because my jack input is so cheap and it loses sync with it - So yeah, someone wanna buy me a nice new interface ;) I have two more monitors coming in the next couple of weeks to hook up on a mount for productivity reasons; a 1080p res isn't enough for logic, it occupies acres of screen space...

Untitled.png

2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

lol you download your graphics card or something? :P

3. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

You say that but what about people who power a (3rd if its low end, or second if they don't even have a dedicated GPU) monitor from a USB 'Video Card' xD Anyway, don't knock the Intel chip it's better than you'd expect :3 In saying that I realise that the games I do play are built on the source engine BUT STILL xD When I get around to it, I'm going to build myself a new completely overkill, spend the rest of my life living with mum while I finish making payments on it PC because I would really like to get back into gaming, but my needs changed so I chose to get this sexy little beast instead :P

I'll keep you posted on any changes I make to the setup as I've only been using this desktop since my birthday in June and my laptop I bought like 2 weeks or something xD

Also, give me like 7 hours to finish 'this' (Keep 'em interested, B, they'll be putty in your clammy hands) and I'll have something to share with you, showing why I use mac ;)

4. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

This is all <3 My baby tho, isn't she a stunner ;)
    image1-4.jpeg

5. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

My setup might not be the top of the line, but it's a nice middle of the pack beast. I've got two super old 4:3 monitors (1280x1024 @ 60Hz) Nice homemade wooden table that can change height. I think the rest speaks for itself. I like to keep the place clean, but it can get cluttered with papers and notes when I start a new project.
    The specs on the desktop aren't bad either tbh, just swapped out the gfx card and ram on a Dell inspiron 620

CPU: intel core i5 2320 @ 3.0Ghz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 TI Gigabyte OC 2gb GDDR5
    RAM: 8gb @ 1333mhz (I think)

DSCN0224.JPG DSCN0225.JPG

All in all around 1300 euros spent on the setup. Not bad seeing as it can run most modern games at high to very high

6. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

My main concern with these pictures, Gibson or Epi :O!
    Not a bad little get up though! c;

7. dampu

dampu Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

8. Nyroc

Nyroc Athion Member Athion Member

Pfft. None of you can beat my intel core i3, 4 massive GB of memory, and astonishing integrated graphics, its unparalleled..and its a laptop!

err.. getting a new pc soon LOL, maybe some pics then - after I hide all my mess under the desk XD

9. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

Epi ofc, Gibsons are hella expensive :p

10. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

Dampu we are one! <3

Not if it's not a real Gibson HEUHUEHEUHEihatemylife

TrigaJoules likes this.
  11. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

300$ Headset? What do you have a Bose headset?
    200$ mouse? I don't even know of a 200$ mouse!

My Mouse and keyboard:
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g105-gaming-keyboard
    http://www.ianker.com/product/98ANDS2368-BA

I've never heard of the brand "ANKER" So I gave it a chance and bought their first ever gaming mouse, it's actually pretty good. xD

12. alaiwe

alaiwe Athion Member Athion Member

lol I use one sole laptop. Portability over functionality. It's specs are decent so I'm fine with it ;)

13. Goodman415

Goodman415 Guest Guest

Here's my setup yo.

GeForce GTX 970
    i5-4690k CPU @ 3.5GHz
    8gb RAM
    Corsair H100i water cooling
    2x HP 2311x monitors

Attached Files:

TrigaJoules likes this.
  14. sycoinc

Soundblaster evo zrx when purchased was $315, and the mouse i use now is a $180$ logiteck darkfield laser one but my razor epic naga that i plug in for more complex games was about 200 when i got it.

wrightrj likes this.
  15. Jonesy

Jonesy Athion Member Athion Member

Here's a little idea of the pain I have to go through every time I sit down at my computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Greg Cubitt

Greg Cubitt Athion Member Athion Member

The pain? I think you mistook that for pleasure and comfort. Nice setup. Everyone here has a nice setup made to their liking.

17. EgDianox

EgDianox Athion Member Athion Member

18. sycoinc

Yes correct, its an MX mouse, great for gaming and work,.... the chair is some racing themed (style) office chair i got from the local office suplly store for like $120

19. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

Basically my reasoning behind starting this thread - You really do get an idea for peoples deeper personalities when you see where they work/play. It's surprising really, how a computer - even a desk, can depict a persons interests, personality, traits and what they love doing. In my opinion, whether you're on an extreme budget and have a handmedown desk, or parts bought second hand (for example, my desk I bought for £5 from someone on Facebook, my laptop is really just a beat up mid-2009 MBP I swapped my windows laptop for in a store), theres so much personality in it, which is why I have so much interest in setups, interior design kind of aspects...

My mum and I should be re-decorating my room shortly during this summer break while she's not at work, got some kick ass (but relatively inexpensive) plans for this room to get the most out of it, basically just a wholesale load of cable trunking and wall mounting - need to see if my model iMac is vesa compatible with Apples conversion kit and one of my two extra monitors should be here tomorrow, or later today! :'D

TrigaJoules and wrightrj like this.
  20. EgDianox

EgDianox Athion Member Athion Member

Its kinda the same with my setup. I have a $40 desk from kmart and a chair from my grandmother. And my other desk is 2 tv stands and a board that I drew on trying to be "crafty" but it didnt work out XD. Speakers were my brothers, tv was my parents' and the laptop was a gift. so pretty much everything is hand me down