Request / Suggestion Worldedit Brushes And Masks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by fshz, Jun 8, 2015.

1. fshz

fshz Athion Member Athion Member

After seeing the new release of VoxelSniper for Designer, I began to question why fellow Designers didnt also receive the WorldEdit brushes and masks. Voxel can do this, but some of us prefer to stick fully to WorldEdit. It would be a nice add-on to change some of these permissions to ensure better quality builds and an easier time with larger plots. I know that a lot of changes have occurred recently, but I just thought this needed to be pointed out. I know a lot of the other Designers agree with me. Thanks!

2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

We are still working on gaps in world edit & permissions, but most the brushes unlock at creator.... as those ranks currently need to have a reason to progress to :P

3. fshz

But I don't understand....
    Why do we get VoxelSniper brushes but not WorldEdit brushes? Shouldn't it be Creators unlock VS because it is larger scale, and Designers get standard World Edit?

4. dampu

dampu Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

Be glad with what's been given to you. See it as a thing you unlock in the next level. It keeps the fun in the game IMO

5. fshz

I dont think you fully understand what I am saying, but that is completely alright.

Iamnateharper likes this.
  6. BakedCornbread

BakedCornbread Athion Member Athion Member

Hey fshz,

I know it might seem backwards, and it might very well be, but I would still like to put in my two cents nevertheless.

Basically, before joining this server, I had no idea what VoxelSniper was; I had heard about it being used before, but I wasn't very fluent in it as I am with w/e. That being said, when I joined this server and promoted to Apprentice, I had to learn how to use VoxelSniper to create my terra. This mandatory exploration allowed me to experiment with a tool I had never used before, and now favor over w/e for some things. Now, if I hadn't been forced to convert to VS and was given w/e as an Apprentice, I most likely would've never even tried VS. Why would I? I'm comfortable with w/e, I know how to build with it, and I don't need to learn something new, so trying to learn VS would've just been an unnecessary nuisance. I'm not educated on your personal experience with either of these plugins, but I know most players (including myself) are more accustom to using w/e rather than VS, so, finally, I personally believe forcing players to explore a new plugin and way to terraform, not only gives them more options when they build, but also develops them as builders and improves their skills. Whether this was the master plan of the devs when they did permissions or not, the effect is still the same; developing builders are able to explore a new and effective tool in creating their worlds that develops their skills and leads to improved builds.

Sorry this became sort of a rant, but hopefully some of this will make sense.

Anyways;

Happy building,

Baked

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. chamunks

chamunks Athion Admin Athion Admin

The Voxel sniper addition was a bit of a social experiment to me. I want to add more features like brushes and masks. As daily vote rewards. I think we've needed a good way to ensure that people continually help us and themselves grow.