Request / Suggestion Promoted Plots Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by fshz, Jun 8, 2015.

1. fshz

fshz Athion Member Athion Member

I was thinking about an idea when plots are promoted, they receive a gold border instead of stone border to let others know of the users accomplishment. This would recognize people more and generally make people feel better about their success. Just a suggestion, have a good day.

2. Oregton

Oregton Athion Member Athion Member

i actually really like that idea. i'd be in favore of that. but maybe instaed of a gold border it should be yellow wool, but its a thought, and its all up to the admins anyway. but yeah i like ur idea.

3. TheYoungWolf52

TheYoungWolf52 Athion Member Athion Member

maybe a little more subtle in the border block, but i love the idea

Iamnateharper likes this.
  4. Iamnateharper

Iamnateharper Athion Member Athion Member

Yes I agree with this yet it has it downfalls
    I don't believe it should be gold more like a brick slab or a nether rack slab
    That way it will look more official (In different texture packs that people use)
    The downfall with this is that people may brag or people may be angry when they don't get it
    Apart from that sounds good

5. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

The brick slab is when a plot is protected....the ideas is good and all and i'm sure the dev team will discuss it... i personally would see it as bragging a bit being that in your face about it as when most have been promoted they move to the next world and until mid range ranks you can get promoted with just 1 plot.

6. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

I think that maybe a special border for those that achieve skip a rank, like Student to Designer should have a Quartz slab border.

Gravenfire45 likes this.
  7. dayvasdayv

dayvasdayv Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

I think a different border would be good for plots that pass. Honestly, if a new builder is on and wants to get a visual idea of what the standard is, being able to see which plots have passed and which have not would give them an idea of what to shoot for. I don't think it would necessarily come across bragging... at least not any more than the fact that the builder is now in a different TG with a higher rank prefix anyways. If every passed plot has the border then all who pass would seem equal (even if build quality is better than others). I know some servers move the best builds near spawn, which would certainly promote bragging rights. Maybe that would a good way to distinguish those who skip a rank. Anywho... just some thoughts.

Oregton likes this.
  8. chamunks

chamunks Athion Admin Athion Admin

One day if we add a points system of some kind we might try to do a plot sitting thing that makes highest scoring plots stay closer to spawn.

Duncz likes this.