Should I Try To Make A Ship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonicel, Nov 14, 2014.

?

Should I try to make a new ship?

1. Yeah totaly!

70.0%
  2. Nope you probably suck at making one!

30.0%
  1. tonicel

tonicel Athion Member Athion Member

I know noone of you knows me :c and knows how I Build. I mainly Build medieval. I only built 2 ships and they were awfull(I was a bad builder in these days) They weren't built in any style Just generic crappy ships. Should I try another shot or leave it how it is? Help! I realty can't decide :/ I know builders should experiment but...Help!

2. Shoes_Or_Sandals

Shoes_Or_Sandals Athion Member Athion Member

i won't answer your poll mainly because it doesn't have varied answers...... but yeah i think you should go for it if you think you should lol

tonicel likes this.
  3. tonicel

That's the point! I doesn't want another failure, but I doesn't want to leave it as it is :/ Argh! Maybe I should but I dunno :c Any help with Ships? Maybe a good link?

4. HydraTyphoon

HydraTyphoon Athion Member Athion Member

Go for it! I would recommend just looking at other simple mincecraft ships, and then looking at the certain techniques they use to try and use them in your build. It helps, one day I was like "screw it, I'm making some pagodas" so I started building a bunch of them over a while and ended up with this, [​IMG]
    it's nothing amazing but hey, it was a step in the right direction :P

tonicel likes this.
  5. ajoyboy

ajoyboy Athion Member Athion Member

tonicel likes this.
  6. Lord Arrani

Lord Arrani Athion Member Athion Member

Generally speaking, if you want to make something, go for it! There is no certainty in whether you'll be good at it on your first try, but I guarantee that if you don't practice you will never get any better. ;)

tonicel likes this.
  7. alaiwe

alaiwe Athion Member Athion Member

Ship building is hard work. Needs alt of effort to get the right shape to cut through the water. Used to suck at making ships myself but now I'm fairly adept. Main thing to remember is that it must be the same on both sides. If your trieng to get into mastery of ship building you need to remember that the ship can't exceed the wait of water which is 1gm/cm3 meaning that the shape will have to make the ship weigh less then water. Also consider when making the ship where most of the weight would be as that increases pressure and may cause a ship to sink. I think you can do it though ships are great fun to build!

tonicel likes this.
  8. tonicel

9. tonicel

You guys are right I will go for another try :D Maybe it turns out good (Yeah sure lol) Anyways I will go trough lot of pictures and videos to make an acceptable ship. Thanks guys ;) <33

alaiwe likes this.