Question Schematics?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Help' started by JoltyJob, Oct 3, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JoltyJob

JoltyJob Athion Member Athion Member

I heard that there was perhaps a plugin in development where people could issue a command and it would let them download a schematic of their plot. Can this be confirmed, and if yes; what's the ETA?

If their isn't such a plugin underway; can I get the schematic of my Designer plot (tg3_151;-1;-1)?

Thank you

wrightrj likes this.
  2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

Its only in contest world, not going to be in other worlds

wrightrj likes this.
  3. JoltyJob

wrightrj likes this.
  4. sycoinc

Answers your question, whats built on Athion stays on Athion minor the exception in contest worlds, it creates exclusivity to the server along with protecting the server from people claiming we download and steal builds as we don't import or export builds outside the contest world for that exact reason.

wrightrj likes this.
  5. alaiwe

alaiwe Athion Member Athion Member

Time for yet another devils advocate from your favorite hater. You can't legally not give him his schematic. The second he built his plot he was protected by copyright laws. ''Once you express your idea in a fixed form — as a digital painting, recorded song, or even scribbled on a napkin — it is automatically copyrighted if it is an original work of authorship.'' and who owns it? ''
    • Author/Creator
    • Author/Creator’s heirs if the creator is dead (living family)
    • Creators of a joint work automatically share copyright ownership unless there is a contrary agreement. (e.g., If two students write an original story together, they share the copyright.)
    • Anyone to whom the author/creator has given or assigned his or her copyright (e.g., an employer if the copyrighted work is created under a "work made for hire" agreement, a publisher or record company if the copyrighted work is given in exchange for a publishing or recording contract). Usually this means that the author/creator has given up his or her own copyright in the work.''
    hmm and so :athion main icon: call themselves a respectable business while trying to infringe on copyright laws?

Also out of interest :athion main icon: calls themselves an LLC wheres the proof for this? And who exactly gets the title of main-shareholder as I know at least 2 shareholders are needed in the process to become an LLC.

More you ask? Well if you're an LLC that has staff (mods and staff and devs and admins) then that means they must all be getting paid at least minimum wage and that also means athion has taxes to pay.

Thats all for today's bout of random questions / hate folks see ya again whenever the opportunity arises ;)

(Note: I don't really care about this if you can't already tell from my style of writing but answers would be nice )

wrightrj and Oregton like this.
  6. sycoinc

We do not have to give out anything on he server as its an in game creation made in a game that we do not own, so its not protected by copyright at all.... the design could be under creative commons laws but there is nothing stating we have to give anything out at all.

Athion was an LLC when irapp was in charge, since the hand over of it we gained all things Athion minor the LLC.

There is huge debate over things created in games if they fall under the creators rights or the game companies rights.

we choose to not allow download of training grounds plots due to keeping exclusivity to the server and to avoid issues with claims of our community and other communities stealing builds.

Most servers do not allow the builds to be downloaded at will and most never will unless a direct order or clause by microsoft/mojang is palced in their agreement on playing the game.

So before you mouth off learn copyright laws properly and what falls under it and not, creative commons BS has tainted minds on what actual copyright is in the gaming and creative community especially in the gaming community

wrightrj likes this.
  7. sycoinc

Also the only employed people when Athion was an LLC were Movie, Irapp, Aaron and myself all as stakeholders

wrightrj likes this.
  8. flamin_scotsman

flamin_scotsman Athion Developer Athion Developer

To clarify a load of stuff before people come along crying their heads off:

The works created by a user on Athion are in fact copyrighted with the copyright belonging to the builder - Jolty in this case.

The important distinction lies in the fact that when you built an object on a public server, you granted the server an implicit licence to display your work. On top of that, copyright provides no provision of reclaiming works, or rescinding licences on already distributed works.

In other words ... stop talking bull alai ;)

- flamin

wrightrj and Goodman415 like this.
  9. JoltyJob

yoyo, y u be deletin' mah posts

wrightrj likes this.
  10. sycoinc

you should have gotten a notification on why when i deleted it, basically don't advert what you were stating

wrightrj likes this.