Request / Suggestion Jrmods Reviewing

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SnickersBeast, Dec 9, 2014.

1. SnickersBeast

SnickersBeast Athion Member Athion Member

So, i had a thought that JrMods should only really review Student, nothing more.

Why? Because, JrMods are meant to be new, maybe not new to reviewing or giving opinions, but, new to this server, it doesn't make sense for them to review Apprentice until they know exactly what to look for in Apprentice to Designer plots.

Along with that, Mods should do Apprentice and Designer plots; after this, Admins do Creator to Grand Creator, just to make it more defined.

Because if you have a new mod review a Creator to Grand Creator plot and it makes it through by just having Student type detail, it's basically like you got to Creator to Apprentice.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

As a JrMod myself, I'd like to say that all of us got into that position by showing that we know what's best for builders of all ranks. If you disagree with what a JrMod says, you should let them know from PM politely, instead of deciding that all JrMods need to be limited to Student.

3. SnickersBeast

That's part of what i meant, JrMods have gotten that rank, so, they should be able to get promoted to Mod if they show they can. I didn't mean that you guys didn't have any form of reviewing talent, i just said that it's better if you show that you know how to through student plots instead of being able to review everything.

4. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

Sorry, but I disagree.

5. SnickersBeast

I'm perfectly okay with that, i want opinions on my idea anyway.
    It's a suggestion after-all, i need feedback on it for it to be successful.

6. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

Thank you for voicing your concerns about this issue, We have selected all our moderation team from a select set of guidelines along with having set guidelines for the moderators to follow when rating. As each persons view on something may differ slightly this may cause some builds getting through the system that often wouldn't.

We trust our moderation team to follow and do their best to be fair to all players and are constantly working on solid methods to ensure all rating is equal.

Limiting the JrMods to just look at student plots is currently not feasible as the majority of our moderation team fall under this title. The difference in the titles of our mods is not of length of service or skill level but comittment to being a moderator, the ones that go above and beyond our requirements as a moderator get the full title to show their status and comitment.

As we have just launched and the new standards for building differ from our old servers (Mithrintia & PI Creative) we are constantly improving our guidelines and monitoring the communitys level of work so that all ratings and promotions are fair and not bias dependant on who rates the creations.

If there are major diffrences in choices and reviews left by the team members you are free to contact an administraor or owner voicing your issues BUT we encourage you to discuss this with the reviewer in a calm and polite manner as a first point of contact for your view on the issue.

All our moderators are rather seasoned builders and minecraft players, as are many of the students and new players playing on the server. We have to remember this when we interact with each other as titles do not define the knowledge of the user, this applies for general ranks and moderation ranks on Athion.

7. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

Couldn't have worded it any better Sycoinc :wink:

8. IISiMiTII

IISiMiTII Athion Member Athion Member

I disagree, it seems that many JrMods and Mods have different opinions on what makes a build good and what is required, People tell you different things and this is down to preference from the person reviewing you, as far as I know the only strict guidelines I've been told is you have to have 1 organic and interior, then the rest is to the chosen JrMod or Mod reviewing and as a builder, I don't see why we have strict guidelines anyway as people like to build different things.

Styx likes this.
  9. sycoinc

Interior is part of a building, without it its a shell... interiors show knowledge in design, layout and organisation. We do not have set things people HAVE to build, we wont ever force a user to build an organic if they can't build organics. We would like to see a range of skills, often a building of some sort and some landscaping... each increasing in quality and size and detail as you progress through ranks.

Our guidelines are for our mods to use as a base of what we want to see skill and quality wise.... nothing states for them to judge a person off select types of builds.

The mods do all have their own views on things but for the majority of times all those that pass to a select rank should have similar quality work but will have differing styles.

rsp likes this.
  10. IISiMiTII

Well according to Mods and JrMods (No Names) This isn't the case and they are looking for specific things. For example after I submitted a review my response was to add an organic to my build which I did and it was still denied even though everyone that has visited has said it looks great.

I was then told to make a bigger organic on another plot and after that to fill the rest of the plot, which as you might be able to tell has really irritated me; so the question is do they actually know those things are not essential?

11. sycoinc

Please read over THIS again as it answers some of your questions above, We are improving our moderation guides and working with the moderation team so that ratings are very similar along with expectations of what is built on any one plot. Having such a large moderation team sometime causes issues in quality views and whats needed to progress so any feedback on major differences in opinion should be directed in private messages to the moderators involved along with an admin

If you have issues with a specific jrmod, mod, rating or question feel free to directly message any admin to clear up the issue. We are working hard on making our system universal for our moderators so everything is 100% clear.

12. IISiMiTII

The thing is, there's no point in getting in touch with an Admin because they're going to back their staff not some punk who thinks he's good at building; so let's rule that out. An I have asked an Admin what is needed an he directly said you need trees, interior and terraforming to get the 'Designer Rank'.

13. sycoinc

For the most part yes, that's whats needed as its showcases your range of skills along with understanding in design and layout. As in an ideal situation most users would want to build on normal generated land and build with the terrain and not clear out mass amounts of flat land, so we require users to show some skill in showcasing their builds within custom land.

As stated if there is that much of a difference in opinion between yourself or different opinions of staff talk to a higher up person after a calm discussion between both parties initially involved.

Designer rank is our mid way rank, needing to show reasonably high skill... often this could take a week or more to get dependent on your own personal skill level... and in most cases anyone could be denied multiple times while trying to obtain.

We will be releasing a general guideline outline on what our moderates expect from builds in the coming week so all users know what to try and achieve.

if you wish to further discuss this and your concerns please send me a pm.

14. karottenkoenig

karottenkoenig Athion Member Athion Member

there is still constant discussion when it comes to reviews in game. it would be really easy to solve, if you would get some guys of the staff to build one or two example plots for reference. get your build team on it, or mods. then you could show it to players AND to the staff, so they could see what skill is needed and it could directly serve as a practical, non-abstract way to show people for example: This here is depth - your house doesnt have it. because explenation in the crowded chat are sometimes hard, especially if people are no native speakers or arent familiar with some terms. the other day, someone dug a hole when he wa advised to add depth. you could avoid all these issues and discussion with that.

TrigaJoules and rsp like this.
  15. sycoinc

Already Planned as soon as our BT finish their current commision, we may even use some of the builds that passed

Styx, rsp and karottenkoenig like this.
  16. Oregton

Oregton Athion Member Athion Member

Welp i have a complant against a jr mod named XxprecisionxX and that complaint is i feel offended that he is pushing organics on me, i Do not do organics! i am a stadium/city builder not a organic builder. i have worked hard on my train station doing what i can to make it look like a real train station in real life. but i dont like being told to do organics for a rank. and as i think i read from on a forum post by sycoinc on here somewhere is that jrmods or high up ranks wont push bulding styles on you. i would like it very much if some jr mods didnt push the organic building style on me very much. cuz i dislike building organics. Thank you for ur time. -Oregton

17. sycoinc

Organics fall under a bunch of things, for a city type organic its statues, art and park material... from recent reviews apparently others have requested additional things on your build, and all reviews after have not had 1 thing change.

rsp likes this.
  18. dordsor21

dordsor21 Athion Admin Athion Admin

I get the feeling that you effectively saying you are more important than everyone else. It is in the requirements that an organic should be built, so therefore an organic should be built. I reviewed a plot with terrific terraforming, however their trees and structure skills weren't quite as good. They simply took this in their stride, and I know that they've gone and built structure and trees, and tried their hardest. I would feel rather annoyed if all of a sudden certain people were allowed to be of an exception to the requirements because their build style simply doesn't contain everything. The whole point of Athion is to advance as a builder, but how are you meant to do so if you simply ignore the requirements for each rank, which help and force you to improve as you climb the ranks. The mere fact that you think that you do not have to use organics just because you're not good at it is simply out of order. You are not more important than everyone else, nor an exception.

Styx likes this.
  19. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

I get that you'd rather not build organics, but as Dordsor said. How are you supposed to improve if you do not experiment? I'm not that great at organics myself, but I'm constantly trying to improve in that field of expertise. Also like Sycoinc said, organics can mean a lot, custom trees for one are an easy place to start.

20. ajoyboy

ajoyboy Athion Member Athion Member

Organic is not a building style. They aren't pushing a style on you, they are asking that you show skill in multiple facets of building techniques.