How Has Minecraft Changed Your Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wrightrj, Jul 10, 2015.

1. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

I was thinking... I've been playing Minecraft for 5 years now, joined in Beta 1.3. But have you realized how much it's impacted your own life?

I would not of known acronyms such as idk, bbl, brb, etc, probably for another year! xD I remember asking M3CH4NIC what idk meant, and he had to remind me because I kept forgetting! As for all the people I've met.. oh boy... Being a long term member of the Minecraft community, it's just amazing. All the unique people that you can meat!

Without Minecraft... I don't know what I would do... my computer like would defiantly be a lot more lonely! xD
    I remember playing Minecraft every day... every day after school, before school, and on Saturday's i'd spend around 15 hours of my day just playing, waiting to go back on my favorite server and meat some people and build some neat things. ^_^

All in all, how has Minecraft changed your life?

n00bpwners, Oregton and Styx like this.
  2. 14iCBi

14iCBi Athion Member Athion Member

Damn son that ain't healthy, i used to be similar but i realised life is too short to spend 75% of your time in front of your computer screen and the other 25% sleeping and eating.

Get out a bit, go to the gym, get a hobby that doesn't involve sitting down for 15 hours. enjoy life. do things you haven't done before, hell even try new food.

My advice, stop playing MC or just stop playing as much, you'd be surprised how much time you have wasted

3. Oregton

Oregton Athion Member Athion Member

Minecraft changed my life quickly cuz, i just played singleplayer world for my first year during 2011,. but when i joined the multiplayer world at the end of 2011. it changed my life alot cuz i met awesome friends like wrightrJ, geekgrl, Toms_A_noob, kootely99 and other old pewgo members. Pi improved my building skillz so much, i never knew how much i could learn about building and interact with the rest of the world at the same time, which was the biggest thing i'd look forward to everyday after a long day. Which was to hop onto the Pi server and have some fun with players around the world. And i hope to keep playing MC for a long long time.

4. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

I already do stop playing MC, bored of it xD, i've moved onto another game where I train every day to become the best! >;3

Healthy? ehh... i'll worry about my health when i'm older

I never really had a single player world to be honest, well I did, but I never really did much... I mean I mined to bedrock with my hand.. XD I saw my friend mining to bedrock before and I was wondering how he did it so fast... Me: Isn't there like a tool you can use to mine? xD

Honestly tho, PI, has taught me so much about building and how unique every player is. Hypickle taught me more about pvp and the toxic side of the community xD PI was the nice side. Minecraft is just such an amazing game, I could care less if I used to get made fun of for playing the game in school. xD

5. Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood

Callum Jake Seve Tiger Wood Athion Member Athion Member

Simply put - Community.
    I don't remember the exact point I started playing on PI, it was in the relatively early days, I'm talking like 20 player slot early days, maybe less but that's as far back as I really remember.

I do remember however, I'd originally applied to be on Mag, before hearing that Chris needed more people to be in the ever-dwindling Ice team, so I sent a second application to be on Ice, and got that xD

But yeah, I started playing Beta 1.2_02 (I still have all the .jar files for it and still play every so often), but never before have I met a community as nice as you lot. No matter how many ups and downs the entire server went through it was always nice to play a server where everyone knows everyone else, almost personally.

Having an eye candy server is one thing, but having an eye candy server, filled with genuine, fun and diverse players is a completely different story.
    When I was moderating and building for a Machinima group, the server was all eye candy, no personality, which lead to my leaving, and returning to Pwego, because you scrubs are genuinely nice to play with.

So yah!

<3 - BarmyG IN DA HOOS

921Jack, wrightrj and TrigaJoules like this.
  6. geekgrl5000

geekgrl5000 Athion Member Athion Member

I suppose I should add my two cents. I first heard of Minecraft at a summer camp (we were building and programming Lego Mindstorms robots to dance to "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga, lol) in 2011, but didn't start playing it myself until partway through the following school year (8th grade, we also got netbooks at our school, which wasn't the best idea but oh well). At that time the game was in 1.2.5, I believe, so you could still call me a n00b even now, haha. My dad got me a premium account in 2012 as a surprise from when I got back from my trip to Europe that summer.

From that point, I stumbled upon Pwegoserver via Planet Minecraft...I don't even remember why or how. I remember seeing people like Oregton, Penguintud, Wright, Rowdy, Supere, etc... that was back in the good old days when Pwego actually got on his own server frequently, lol. Every so often I end up trying to get into modded, and failing because my laptop has a graphics card, but it's not a very good one. Anyone who has been around Athion knows that I'm dwindling away from the community (but also Minecraft in general), which is probably because a) I have a job (lol, I work at Ihop) and that takes up a lot of my time, and b) yeah, I am losing interest in Minecraft.

I know, I still haven't answered the question...my main point is, Minecraft has impacted my life by allowing me to become involved in an awesome community like this one. I mean, there's also the fact that it was a shared interest between me and my boyfriend when we met, but yeah. Stuff.

TrigaJoules likes this.
  7. Kevaasaurus

Kevaasaurus Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

Helped me afford clothes & random **** on ebay and amazon. But also hours of entertainment and meeting new people, sharing creative ideas together. :happy:

TrigaJoules and Goodman415 like this.