Request / Suggestion //cut

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NixaniaXi, Dec 8, 2014.

1. NixaniaXi

NixaniaXi Athion Member Athion Member

I really don't see why some ranks don't have it...It is pretty much the same as //copy and //set air,
    or just //set [block]. I am requesting that Designer (and maybe Apprentice) have this command.

2. rsp

rsp Athion Member Athion Member

Thanks! Looking into it :cool:

3. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

Hey there,

At the moment, //cut is a command from world edit that is creator and above only. This may be changed in the future but for now, you'll have to be content with the commands you have as a designer.

sycoinc and rsp like this.
  4. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

As liam has stated, this is a Creator and Higher permission currently. After we assess what the community prefers compared to what we wish to allow we "may" change this. BUT that said, there needs to be a jump in permissions for ranks otherwise there is no real goal in leveling besides the title and plot size.

5. NixaniaXi

NixaniaXi Athion Member Athion Member

There is quite a change between designer and creator. The biggest thing I can think of is access to brushes. Plus, designers can basically do //cut with two commands. It's more of a convince request. I'm fine without but it would be better if we did have access to it.

6. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

I've never used //cut xD

7. rsp

rsp Athion Member Athion Member

HOW

8. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

I've never been aware that it was a command, nor do I still even know what it means xD

9. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

like it states, it cuts a selected section out... like cutting a hole in a piece of paper... and when you //paste it puts it back in again at the location you are standing.... good for moving things

wrightrj likes this.
  10. flamin_scotsman

flamin_scotsman Athion Developer Athion Developer

Given I generally have a bit of say in matters regarding server performance, let me wade in.

Why //set but not //cut
    You describe the two commands as being pretty much the same - however for the purpose of solely block removal, ie, not pasting afterwards, cut has a significant increase in server resources, whilst also being slower to boot.

What should I be using then
    If you are aiming to just remove an area of blocks - ie, //set 0, //replace 0 will do exactly the same job with the benefit of being faster as it will skip over setting air blocks to air.

Is there any chance of getting //cut without //paste
    No. There is no point significantly increasing the load on the servers, deteriorating the experience of other players, to save you having to type 2, or 6 fewer characters.

- flamin

11. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

I never really had an issue on PI when I wanted to replace something (Superiors didn't have access to replace, so instead we used gmask and //cut, I didn't mind)