Request / Suggestion Athion Texture Pack?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Greg Cubitt, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Greg Cubitt

Greg Cubitt Athion Member Athion Member

I'm not sure the reason behind building on default, I mean I can build and deal with it but it would be nice to have your own texture pack make things a little better. Or just have another texture pack for a default.

2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

The reason we build in default is so everyone has a even playing field, as not all users or mods will want to go install endless resource packs just to view each build.

My personal view is if you can build in a HD Default or the Default pack well and with skill to make it look good, you can build well in almost any pack as many packs cater to a specific genre or bring out features that if used would look very odd in default.

With default also you can build in any style and its not limited (unless want special types of blocks or textures)... in time we will probably have a section of "suggested packs" that you can build with for select themes but we will still be rating and viewing in default.

This doesnt mean you cant use any pack you want, just means as you build keep checking in default to see if it looks somewhat nice.

dampu and Goodman415 like this.
  3. Greg Cubitt

Greg Cubitt Athion Member Athion Member

Ah ok I see. That is fine, like I said I can build in this no problem just some blocks seem like an eye sore to me. Also so used to using a texture pack like in Mithrintia. Thank you :)

4. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

Anytime, and yes there are some textures in default that are ugly... i personally use a HD default which is about 99% similar to default called R3d.Craft so everything looks near default textures but higher quality

5. dampu

dampu Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

I like the idea of "suggested packs" but we should still review in default.