Request / Suggestion Athion Dynmap

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TrigaJoules, Jul 9, 2015.

?

Dynmap, cool idea?

1. :)

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. :(

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. TrigaJoules

TrigaJoules Athion Member Athion Member

Back on PI we had a web based dynmap that people could use to find empty land or spot cool builds from a distance. (I personally used it to plan out my rather exorbitant megabuilds/teambuilds) I was wondering if it's possible to have a dynmap with the current server setup, as back on PI we lost the possibility to have a dynmap when we switched to a multi server setup. If it's not possible, it'd be nice of someone could explain why not. (kind of a nub when it comes to minecraft server structure and such)

On a side note, there are programs out there that allow dynmaps to be generated from data it gathers when you fly around a server, are those programs allowed?

2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

client side map mods can be used (like the minimap in a corner)

we most likely won't be putting dynmap in any worlds at this time due to how resource intensive it is and the amount of space it takes up.

On PI we removed it for the same reason, takes up way to much space... remember when we lost plugin settings and were down for a bit, its due to running out of space and files getting deleted to make room for dynmap

TrigaJoules likes this.