Request / Suggestion A Few Suggestions For Future Servers :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ErnestoGoldsw3gz, Dec 12, 2014.

1. ErnestoGoldsw3gz

ErnestoGoldsw3gz Athion Member Athion Member

I have a few long term ideas for new servers; The first idea is a free build vanilla world similar to that that on other server such as Pwego (when it was around) in which people can create their own builds in a more natural setting. Also within this there could be a built up city area which has different disricts where you can only use certain blocks so that it can all be a similar style. The second idea is a very similar one to the last but we could use lentslente's earth map to recreate many buildings from real life in their correct setting on earth in minecraft. I think this would be very fun for the people on the server as well as helping to develop their skills as they would be able to take elements from irl examples and using them in their own builds. My third idea is a Build competition world in which people can claim a plot and are given a theme to build in and try and beat other players. My final idea is to have the training ground actually train people to be better (as of now you will just get accepted if you're good enough and you don't really learn anything new). For this there would need to be many different terraforming and building style examples (interior and exterior) and tutorials on different commands. To couple up with the training areas, people could be asssigned a teacher rank or something in which they could be active in the community through helping other, less experienced builders learn how to be better builders. :) I would like to know your opinions on these ideas and I wonder if you have anything similar planned ty - sw3gz

2. ajoyboy

ajoyboy Athion Member Athion Member

The first idea is already in place; it's the grand creator world, or tg5. As for the second one, people are free to organize projects of their own, so it isn't something the server would be in charge of. The third idea is already in place, just needs to be completed and stuff. Will probably be released in a soon update. The final idea is something I have tried before but it didn't work out well (on my own server some time ago). Athion could probably pull it off but considering we already have a large selection of staff members to do that exact thing with the review system, I don't think it would be needed. :)
    Tl;dr - All the things suggested that I see either need to be user-run or are already happening.

ErnestoGoldsw3gz likes this.
  3. ErnestoGoldsw3gz

ErnestoGoldsw3gz Athion Member Athion Member

Thank you for letting me know these things ajoyboy and I am excited to see the things that are already planned implented :D

4. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

Hey there!

I've brought this topic into the staff chat to explore the potential of these ideas. Thanks for posting!

ErnestoGoldsw3gz likes this.
  5. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

As ajoy and liam stated most of these are functional or getting put together in some way or another for a future release. We plan to bring new features as soon as we can (most likely once the new year hits as holiday season means some people will be away)

6. ProjectMedia

ProjectMedia Athion Member Athion Member

A Mithrintia mod used to hold lots of lessons but he left so I don't think they'll come back in the same way. I'd like to see lessons again though!

7. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

We have plenty of mods to hold lessons along with have some pre made for people to view at some point :D