Request / Suggestion Building Mini-games?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Cookie, May 30, 2015.

1. Cookie

Cookie Athion Member Athion Member

So, knowing that Athion is a building server, I thought a good way to bring more popularity here, is to add mini-games that relate to building. This gives a chance for players to have fun, whilst practicing their skills as a builder.

Some suggestions for these Mini-Games:
    • Theme-based building: Basically, it's a game where you're given a theme, and you're given an amount of time to build something that relates to the theme. This mini game gives players the chance to practice building within a limited amount of time. It also increases your speed in building, and helps you recognize patterns in building.
    • Another one, would be basically something like, Guess what the Image is. It's a common game, found on many servers, (I just saw a bird fly outside. Had to be said) where there are multiple players. Given a name, they are told to draw an object, while the other players spend time guessing it.
    • Speed Building: Basically, let's say you get 5 minutes to build something nice. Other players will vote on builds, or rate it. This will help the player understand more types of builds, and how some players feel about a specific theme.
    • Regi's Idea: Give a player a bunch of random blocks, and you're given 5 minutes to complete a nice build. This gives the players an opportunity to understand a variety of blocks, and how they go well together.
    • These are just a few ideas, I have. If you know any other building games, be sure to let me know, and I'll add it to the list!
    I hope this isn't asking for the impossible. But, I do feel that a variety of games will attract more players to the server, while giving other players that have already been playing, something else to do, instead of continuing their TG plots. But yeah. I hope this is considered, and I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on this idea! :)

~Cookie

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    wrightrj and Gravenfire45 like this.
  2. TheSquish

TheSquish I'm pretty much a scummy stinker Guest

Sounds nice, hopefully one of the devs will take a look at this thread out of pure coincidence.
    @Goodman415
    @sycoinc

*cough...

Styx likes this.
  3. Goodman415

Goodman415 Guest Guest

Jesse (Empire92) is currently developing a build battle-esque plugin that will be ready for deployment soon. As for other games, ideas are being generated and accepted. Thanks for your input!

Styx likes this.
  4. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

That was what our plan was with build off, but as goodman said, we are working on a superior version of this that could have some if not all these features

TheSquish likes this.
  5. Cookie

Sounds good! I have added on an idea, but that'll probably it, since there's probably a lot going on with the updates. Thanks, and I look forward to seeing the new things in game!

6. Cookie

I lied. I have one more idea...

Similar to Build Battles, except with a team. This will probably be more fun once the server gains more players, but basically, it's just Build Battles with a few people on your team, against other teams.

Also, loving the games! They're extremely fun, and will definitely bring more players in. Looking forward to the new things as well!

7. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

Team Build Battles are a planned Feature