Information So I Need To Tell You Guys Something...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MovehMakeh, Oct 19, 2015.

1. MovehMakeh

MovehMakeh Athion Developer Athion Admin

Hey everyone,

This message was made sort of late, and many of you may already know. But yesterday, I let Zer0Byte and the Athion Mods and Staff know that I am resigning from Athion, and quitting Minecraft. (Yes this is my second time resigning, and that's sort of embarrassing but that's okay.) I've been debating the decision for quite some time, and I decided to make it official yesterday.

I want to first say, that Minecraft has really become something over the last almost 5 years I have been playing. Small community servers back from the beta days have transformed into huge build teams, networks, corporations even. That completely amazes me. I've met thousands of people over the years. From developers, server owners, youtubers, builders, terraformers. You name it, I've met someone who is a prodigy, I swear. There is so much talent in this gaming community, more then I think people realize. A lot of this is why I was so drawn to the creative community side, because I see some of the most talented artists I have ever seen. You guys, are beyond words. You amaze me almost everyday, with the designs, the ideas, the structures, the terraforms, the organics you make. It's truly an art form. Don't give up on that ever guys, either it be this game or on paper using a pencil. You guys can continually use those talents, reinvent this community or gamemode, or even Minecraft itself. Don't let your talents go to waste, use them and even make this world a better place. I know all of you have it in you. I saw it day after day.

Minecraft has really shaped my life. It's made me come to realize the talents I had. I was always into computers and art, but as my time progressed through this game...I realized how much of a calling I had. I learned so much, did so much and I gained skills that I can take out into my future endeavors or careers. I know it's a part of my life I will never forget. From the friendships I have made, the people I met. It's definitely left it's impression on me, and vice versa...I hope I have left a big enough impression on the creative community or on you guys. You guys will always hold a special place in my heart.

I want to give a special thanks to the old pwego guys. Sycoinc, Flamin, Zach, Pwego, Djmotive, Stamog, Goodman, Grey, and everyone else that helped me run that server (yes I am aware that some of these guys don't play Minecraft anymore or on Athion). You guys are beyond amazing, you did so much for me, helped me in ways you probably don't even realize. From both school work to running one of the most successful creative servers. I also want to thank Chamunks for everything he did. I know we had our moments and not agreeing, but you're great dude. I'm so happy Athion went into your hands, and you did so much more with it, after I let it go. You're doing a beautiful job, and keep it going. Make my baby into something that Minecraft community has never seen. Including everyone else who works for Athion, Jonesy carry that build team to new levels. Get Athion BT hired by corporations. Whoever takes over staff, reinvent that title. Make it one of the most cherished positions of any server. Flamin, Jesse and Dord, make some cool ass ****. I believe in you all. You'll do it. Also, thank you to all the players over the years. You guys helped me make the servers I ran into what they are. You guys are also very much so apart of what made PI, Insomnia, Mith and Athion so special.

I also probably owe a bit of explanation as to why I am leaving. With me being in the last two years of college, school is getting really tough. Classes and work load are increasing as well as the difficulty of the subject matter. I need to make sure I pass my classes. I also have some other endeavors, including freelancing, in the works and I need to focus on those and push those to levels of successfulness. I also am about to take on a part time job, and with all this. I really don't have a lot of time left, and I need to make sure the time is put into the right places to further my sucessfulness. Because before I know it, school is going to be over, my student loans will need to be payed and I will need to enter the career field I want to be in.

So, in the end I made that decision and I hope all of you can respect it. I will miss all of you, I will miss this server and I will miss this game. Make me proud everyone. Never give up and never let anyone ever tell you that you can make it in this world. Apply yourself, work hard and you'll all be successful in whatever it is you want to contribute to this world. Thanks again everyone and I love you!

Annyeong hee gyeseyo (Goodbye "Please stay well"),

- MovehMakeh :item pumpkinpie:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    921Jack, Kevaasaurus, MADVIU and 3 others like this.
  2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

3. alaiwe

alaiwe Athion Member Athion Member

Goodbye Movie, Hope to see ya around. You made the right choice man. The rest of your student life is just gonna fly by. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    *grumbles* Who am I going to listen to K-Pop and argue about GoT with now ;( *grumbles*
    Anyways I'll miss you man. The last 4 years where fun. Yes even with all the havoc I created on the forums and the hate I gave lol. I very highly respect you and flamin very much.

All the best in your future.
    -Your favourite troublemaker

-Ala <3

wrightrj likes this.
  4. wrightrj

wrightrj Athion Member Athion Member

I think most of everyone who played Minecraft and PI from around the start are starting to leave the game, It's just circle of life... evolution?
    Something like that, welp, cya Movie, nice knowing you! ^_^

Feels like everyone is resigning lol, welp Movie, guess you're the Grandpa of the server xD

Also, new signature >;3

5. dordsor21

dordsor21 Athion Admin Athion Admin

I've already given moveh three different messages of sending off, so I'm pretty sure he knows more or less what I'd say. Anyways, Athion wouldn't be what it's be without ya, and I'm sure everyone on the server knows who you are: quite the legacy eh? We'll all see you around, and I'm sure college and work'll go great, with all the skills you've picked on the way!

Thanks, and best of luck!

~dord

wrightrj likes this.
  6. Jonesy

Jonesy Athion Member Athion Member

Yesir!

wrightrj likes this.
  7. fshz

fshz Athion Member Athion Member

Aw sad to see you go. Hope you have success in your future, and good luck. Thanks for doing so much for the community.

8. Gravenfire45

Gravenfire45 Athion Member Athion Member

couldn't have said it better myself syc

9. MADVIU

MADVIU Athion Member Athion Member

Good luck with life good sir!

wrightrj likes this.
  10. lumberjack_11

lumberjack_11 Athion Member Athion Member

I don't like walls of text.
    So...
    bai bai; moveh ;)