Kingdom Of Marosia

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Styx, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Styx

Styx Athion Member Athion Member

The Kingdom or Marosia is a build that I will be making myself, with additional towns, cities and miscellaneous builds by other people. If you want to get involved in making this (it'll be massive) please post your idea below that you can add to the city. If I like it and you have perms for it I can add it to the Kingdom. Please remember this isn't a group build directly. This'll be you making a hopefully high quality build that can be added to make the Kingdom a lot more populated. The city that you make is yours to claim and get a promotion. Please remember that if the build is not to the standard or quality that suits the Kingdom, it won't be added. Of course you can still claim it as yours and gain promotion with it.

So again, if you wish to add to this continent, post and idea below, structured like the ideas at the bottom of the post :)

@gibaxd @Swifthawk and
    @Spark1098 have already shown interest in making the Kingdom.

Ideas so far:

1. Large volcano with a town at the base. Inside the volcano would be a dragon that is guarding a treasure. The build also has a port at the base with trading ships.

2. A large fantasy forest, full of things like a giant flower at the centre, organics and monsters. A nature themed town surrounds it.

3. A large terraformed rainforest with spires made of stone and grass going from around bedrock up. Has quartz/birch elven houses on and around the spires, connecting them with a bridge.

Pls don't steal my ideas.

List of players who will be building within the continent:

@Nostson

@Lol_u_Noob

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    ballinking likes this.
  2. Nostson

Nostson Athion Member Athion Member

My village/town/city ideas are:
    • A port/seaside town inside a large cave with an opening to the sea, with a sea monster hidden deeper inside the cave. The town would be a mixture of fantasy and cave-building, keeping the brighter colors of fantasy, but muting them a bit with the darkness of a cave.
    • An industrious city, not quite as crazy as steampunk, but still incorporating some ideas from it. The town would be in a barren place, as the industry would have cut down any forests and mined out most of the resources, making the town need a large mine to get even deeper to get any more.
    • A mountain-top city with a large lake next to it, an ice dragon would be rising out of the lake and flying over the town. The town would be very fantasy heavy, with whites/blues/light grays as the main colors, making the town seem to just rise out of the snow.
    • A tribal Ogre/Orc village in a forest/swampy region. Tents and huts that seem to be too large for a normal player, and maybe some orcs roaming around to show their scale. Possible tying in with that fantasy forest build idea of yours, as it could be the source of some of the monsters.
    Random other ideas:
    • A large tree monster, like an ent on steroids.
    • A fire beast that's burning down a region of forest.
    • Fighting monsters and/or a war scene between cities.
    • A natural disaster occurring (such as a tornado or earthquake) over a small farming village or other similar area.
    • Ruins of ideas that didn't quite make the cut, or just ruins in general
    This is a really cool idea and I'd love to see it get a LOT of love and attention. I really like that fantasy forest idea, and can think of some cool creatures to go along with it. Also, is there any central theme for this kingdom/continent? Or is it really whatever the builders are making?

I'll put out any other ideas I have, hope this shows how much I love this idea!

ballinking and Styx like this.
  3. Lol_u_Noob

Lol_u_Noob Athion Member Athion Member

An abanded town that was destroyed by the dragon cbecause a citizen of the town once got the treasure and nevere returned it so the dragon came and burned down the city and got its treasure and returned it to its volcano
    *Burnt down houses
    *Vines everywhere
    *Abanded town centre

Styx likes this.
  4. Styx

@Nostson Some really great ideas there. Once the server goes public and you have perms for the "mainworld" you'll be welcome to make the build to be added. I'll probably be making the forest first and the Ent idea sounds pretty nice. If you can think of any monsters to add, as well as the orc idea, it'd be awesome to make that.

5. Styx

@Lol_u_Noob

An interesting idea, could add that for a volcano town (not the one I'll make) nearby. Once the server goes public, that'll be one of the later builds that could be added (trying to keep biomes that are next to each other correct), but It'd be awesome if you start planning that :)

6. gibaxd

gibaxd Athion Member Athion Member

Ideas for the town:
    • The town should actually be a country with multiple towns.
    • Each town should have a center build with walls around it.
    • Around the wall, there should also be some farm houses.
    • Every town should have a typical species for it.
    • There should also be villages near towns with same species as in the town.
    Other ideas:
    • We could make like towns that have alliances and towns that are enemies.
    Also, where are we going to build?

7. Styx

Those ideas seem a little bland, a town with a farm and a wall has been done so many times, try to get your creative juices flowing :)

And I had full world edit, so I'd make most of the terrain with that, and by hand. You guys would make it outside the continent areas and I'd paste it, if it suits the terrain and the quality is good.

8. dordsor21

dordsor21 Athion Admin Athion Admin

can't wait to see it finished :)

9. Swifthawk

Swifthawk Athion Member Athion Member

City Ideas
    • A large, circular port city with a wall around it, and a river running through it that branches into two steams in the center, headed towards the ocean.
    • A large city, full of towers and spires, built on an island in the center of a wide water fall, with bridges extending in either direction to towers at the other ends.
    And many other ideas, though not enough details have been fledged out to the point were they can be accurately described.

10. Styx

I like the idea of a port city, maybe Venetian inspired?

11. Swifthawk

Swifthawk Athion Member Athion Member

Hmm, perhaps. My default style is fantasy, but I imagine we will get a lot of that. Still, it's what I have the most experience in.

12. Nostson

Nostson Athion Member Athion Member

I can help with more Venetian/Italian designs, My current project that I'm working on is actually a Pompeii inspired city =P

13. tonicel

tonicel Athion Member Athion Member

Here are some Ideas:

• A city on the ocean It will be one of the strongest trading cities with a strong fleet of trading ships.
    • A long forgotten overgrown city/village in the center of a huge Forest (maybe Jungle)
    • A flooded City/Village
    • A city in a canyon
    • a city which is half in a mountain and half outside it (Works with a cave too)

14. ballinking

ballinking Athion Member Athion Member

@Nostson , @liamcarsonCOYB i'm from a city near venetia, verona if u need any help just call me. i'm good at building castles and gothic structures. can i join at the project?

15. Styx

I'd prefer it if you had a specific idea in mind rather than a castle. Maybe try to think of a nice concept like you can see from people's posts above? :)

16. Brennan

Brennan Athion Member Athion Member

The man, he liked this drink so much, but his pockets ran dry after few months as the liquid consumed his time of work, he was ran out the village for his passion and looked down upon, one rare night, after his banishment, and life of stealing from the tavern, the man could not muster any energy to the capture of his prize, leaving him sober and able to think... He thought up a plan leaving him with money and his liquid gold, the man set a lonely house outside the village boundary farming wheat for the creation of his prize, he lived lonely and happy...
    I want to make a steampunk house with a farm outside someones village... not really an entire town.
    -HippyBomb

17. Get_Foxed

Get_Foxed Athion Member Athion Member

I love it when a plan works together. THIS IS FAMILY! :D
    As for ideas, I got nothing to add atm. But if you're looking for volunteers I'd be happy to help :p

18. Get_Foxed

Get_Foxed Athion Member Athion Member

Oh yeah, when I first saw this, I thought it said "Kingdom of Ambrosia" xDD
    [​IMG]

ballinking and Styx like this.
  19. ballinking

ballinking Athion Member Athion Member

yeah, i was thinking about a small island whit port city and a big cave whit a seamonster, how said @Nostson, and some dark trees near the city. maybe u con do a mountain whit the "castle" or a vulcano. i'd like to see what we might do

20. z0ndyy

z0ndyy Athion Member Athion Member

Add z0ndyy to the list?? :))))