Request / Suggestion Contest Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sjoerdoh, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Sjoerdoh

Sjoerdoh Athion Member Athion Member

So as I have been participating in the contest for the past two and a half week and for that reason I have thought about several idea's to improve the next contest. All of them we're absolutely horrible at second thought except for one. Which is why I will be sharing this idea with everyone.

Basically the idea is to have the contest split up into 2 phases; A world creation phase and a building phase. Admins make a post saying the contest is open, and the map needs to be 500x500 for example, now people can go to work with worldpainter. Say this phase takes 1 week as making a worldpainter map doesnt require as close to as much work as filling it with buildings. The winner becomes the map for the contest, simple as that. Now the normal contest starts and everyone gets to building their awesome creations!

But why?
    Well, many people weren't happy about the map this contest (Build an empire), you can't always make everyone happy. But I think people in general will be happier with the result when they can participate and influence it themselves.

2. dampu

dampu Athion Build Team Athion Build Team

Not everyone understands world-painter. There's also people wo are against the use of it. However, people could build their terrain with the 'normal' tools. Splitting up the contest for it? Nah just give em flatland and one deadline.