Request / Suggestion A Way To Make The Openworld More Open.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by alaiwe, Jul 11, 2015.

1. alaiwe

alaiwe Athion Member Athion Member

I was thinking that the openworld wasn't very open with you having to claim land etc. But I have an idea to help with the issue. I was thinking that everyone gets a protected region (as it is now) with worldedit and vs (as is now) but also they can also build outside the protected area. Building outside the protected area comes with less or no VS or W.E perms and with a risk. If you are griefed building outside your protected region hard luck deal with it. That way the server doesn't have to have a laggy antigrief plugin the openworld is more open and more people would be happy ^.^

2. sycoinc

sycoinc Athion Admin Athion Admin

The idea of the protected area was when we set up a proper system, with group ratings and everything like that would be able to move around or unload chunks not build in within the protected regions... if you are filling up your region let us know and we can modify the limits to allow more as the limit we made is a starter limit and is always able to grow on request.

We ideally do not want people building outside their regions due to well endless random builds or block placement around + taking up areas others could claim later on.

What is the size limit (in a radius) you think an auto claim would be able to do or a way that your region could auto increase or increase with a command.

I may also suggest to jesse we have limits per rank as atm its the same for all ranks in the open world